Healthy drinking is an essential part of any diet routine. Putting fresh vegetables on your juicing list can give you a ton of nutrients and energy. Cabbage is one of those vegetables that allows you to include more nutrients or health benefits in your diet. Trying the Cabbage Juice Recipe, you can achieve clean, crisp, and sweet flavors with a lot of materials.
Juicing cabbage can be used for both cooking and medicine. It’s one of the most impactful go-to green juice you can think of. People with stomach ulcers should drink cabbage juice. This green juice contains gefarnate and L-glutamine, which protects your stomach. Cabbage juice is also good for your digestive system.
But despite all these benefits, many people don’t consider juicing them. Most people don’t like the flavor of green vegetables. However, if you select the perfect ingredients and follow the correct/preferred recipe, you can produce delicious and nutritious packed cabbage juice in your home.
- 1 How to Make a Green Cabbage Juice Step by Step?
- 2 Five Easy and Delicious Cabbage Juice Recipe
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions – Cabbage Juice Recipe
How to Make a Green Cabbage Juice Step by Step?
Juicing cabbage is easy, and you don’t need any special skills or advanced equipment to make this. You can follow these simple procedures to make one.
Step 1: Choose the right cabbage for juicing
With a medium-size cabbage, you can fill about two 1-liter jars of juice. For fermented cabbage juice, spring and autumn green cabbage will work just fine. Here’s a popular question, should you buy cabbage from a supermarket?
We recommend you to buy from a farmer’s market. Why? Because in this way, you can make sure that your cabbages are free from pesticides. So, try to find organically grown cabbage, as it adds more freshness and rich flavors to your juice.
There are more –
- Choose cabbages with firm and heavy heads for their size but not that large.
- Look for crisp leaves with a nice luster. Also, they shouldn’t contain any blemishes.
- If you collect your cabbages from grocery stores then look for fresh ones that grow between November and April.
Step 2: Prepare your cabbage
To prepare your cabbage first, wash it with clean water. Clean the leaves thoroughly. If your cabbage has tattered or yellowish color leaves, then separate them. Remove the stern and start chopping the cabbage after cutting it in half.
Keep the pieces quite large. It’s better for fermentation. However, if you have a juicer, cut them into pieces that would fit through the juicer’s feed chute.
Step 3: Boil the water for 30 minutes
Juicing cabbage requires clean and pure water. Here, the water you are using should be free from chlorine and other additives. To achieve this, boil your water for about 30 minutes. Though, there are other alternatives.
Run the water through a filter and leave it sitting out at room temperature for one day. However, If you use distilled water, then you don’t need any of these. Purify the water if it comes from a tap or well.
Step 4: Insert the chopped cabbage and water into a blender
Use a large and high-speed blender to juice cabbage. Using a large blender will help you to juice large quantities of cabbage at once, which saves time.
Step 5: Blend the cabbage
Blend your ingredients at low speed for one to two minutes or until you get a smooth green mixture. It’s ready when you see floating chunks of cabbage inside the blender. Don’t allow your mixture to blend at high speed for much longer as you don’t want to create a paste or puree.
Note: Blend at highs-speed for ten seconds
Step 6: Pour the mixture into a jar and fermentate.
Pour the blended mixture into a 1-liter jar. Don’t fill the jar up entirely, as the juice will expand while it sits. Leave about 2.5 centimeters room for the juice to expand. After pouring, seal the jar with its lids. You can tighten the seal with a plastic wrap over the jar’s mouth.
For proper fermentation, let the cabbage mixture sit for three full days (72 hours). It helps to grow cultures that are good for your digestive system.
Step 7: Transfer the liquid into another jar with a mesh strainer
To transfer the fermented mixture, use a fine mesh strainer to separate the solid parts from the liquid mixture as much as possible. You don’t want any cabbage bits in your prepared juice.
Step 8: Store the juice
Store your fresh strained cabbage juice in the fridge and enjoy it chilled.
Five Easy and Delicious Cabbage Juice Recipe
1. Clean Green Cabbage Celery Juice
This healthy healing recipe delivers a sweet flavored green juice with a lot of nutrient value. You can find both the goodness of cabbage and kale in one glass with this recipe. This recipe also includes green apple and lemon, introducing an extra sweetness and freshness inside your typical cabbage juice flavor.
|Large head green cabbage||1|
|Celery heads||1-2 (1½ pounds)|
- Wash all your ingredients.
- Chop your cabbage in small chunks
- Cut the apple into quarters
- Insert all the processed ingredients in a juicer.
- Squeeze the lemon over these ingredients.
- Juice them until you get a smooth texture.
- Serve and enjoy!
2. Cabbage, Carrot, and Apple Juice
This recipe is a perfect combo of vegetables and fruit with a refreshing flavor. It’s an ideal juice for hot summer days. With the addition of apple and carrot, you get the right amount of sweetness in your average cabbage juice.
All these ingredients blend together nicely and provide a bundle of deliciousness. For health benefits, you get a highly nutritious and low-calorie juice with antioxidants. Also, the making procedure is simple and does not take much time to prepare.
|White cabbage||300 g|
- Wash all your produce.
- Chop down the white cabbage into medium chunks.
- Cut both the apples and carrots into small chunks. For maximum nutritional benefits, you don’t have to peel your vegetables and fruits.
- Insert all your processed ingredients into a juicer.
- Juice them until you get a smooth mixture.
- Serve your juice fresh with ice cubes and enjoy!
3. Green Cabbage Juice Recipe
This recipe comes with a lot of green veggies and fruits. What you get is a drink full of rich flavors. This recipe includes apple and lemon to enhance the taste. Also, with the addition of kale, celery, and chard, you increase the nutritional value to the next level.
Drinking this version of cabbage juice can provide you with some major health benefits. Like – improves heart health, aids digestion, promotes detox in your body, prevents stomach ulcers and peptic ulcers, and many more.
Different varieties of vegetables add a combo of unique flavors all together in one glass. You can experiment with this recipe by adding other fruits or veggies according to your preference.
|Green cabbage||2 medium leaves (1.22 oz)|
|Medium green apple||11/3 (8 oz)|
|Chard||11/2 leaves (2.33 oz)|
|Kale||¾ cup (1.9 oz)|
|Celery||1 medium stalk (1.33 oz)|
|Lemon (small)||1 (1.78 oz)|
- Wash all your ingredients thoroughly.
- Chop the cabbage, chard, kale, and celery into medium chunks.
- Cut the apple into quarters.
- Cut the lemon in half and insert it directly in the press. If you don’t have any juice press, then peel the lemon and juice along with other ingredients.
- Insert all your veggies and fruits into a juicer.
- Juice until you get the required consistency and smoothness.
- Serve with 2-3 ice cubes.
4. Cabbage, Pineapple, and Cucumber Juice
If you want to incorporate nutritious vegetables into your diet in a convenient way, this recipe is for you. It’s easy to produce and not time-consuming. The addition of pineapple gives the right amount of sweetness to your cabbage juice.
The ingredients balance the sour taste of lemon and liven up the average mild flavor of the cabbage. You will get a robust and mildly sharp flavor in every sip of this juice. The pineapple and cucumber add Vitamin C and iron, which prevents the skin from drying.
So, for both taste and nutrition, this recipe is a must-try
|Lemon juice||1 teaspoon|
- Wash and rinse all your produce thoroughly.
- Chopp your cabbage, pineapple, and cucumber into small chunks for speed juicing.
- Assemble all your ingredients in a juicer.
- Juice until you get a smooth mixture.
- After juicing, pour the juice into a mixing bowl.
- Include sugar and lemon juice into the mixture and whisk it well.
- Pour the juice into a glass and chill in the refrigerator before serving.
5. Red Cabbage Juice
This recipe contains red cabbage, which is a good source of Vitamin K, magnesium, calcium, and zinc. Juicing red cabbage is the easiest way to achieve these healthy nutrients. Red cabbage delivers ten times more vitamins and antioxidants compared to green cabbage.
For sweetness, this recipe includes apples. Also, you will get a soft texture of mildly sweet and earthy flavor because of red beet. To introduce some amount of sourness into the juice, you can add lemon. The combination of all these veggies and fruits really richen up the flavor as well as the nutrition.
|Medium red beet||1|
|Fresh red apples||2|
|Medium cucumber (optional)||1/2|
- Wash your ingredients thoroughly with clean water.
- Discard the core of the cabbage and cut them into quarters.
- Peel your red beet and chop it into small chunks.
- Cut the apples into quarters.
- Juice your cabbage quarters first, then process the remaining ingredients through the juicer.
- Add a slice of lemon for aesthetic appeal.
- Juice all the produce until smooth (around 15 minutes).
- Pour your fresh juice into a glass and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions – Cabbage Juice Recipe
What are the benefits of cabbage juice?
Cabbage juice is packed with calcium, iron, potassium, and is a good source of Vitamins (A, C, K, and B6). If you are looking for antioxidants, then cabbage juice is a great option.
Drinking this regularly can help your ulcer. In fact, cabbage juice is advised for patients with peptic ulcers, as they contain L-glutamine and gefarnate. These components are essential for treating ulcer problems.
Raw cabbage contains glutamine, an amino acid that heals your gut and helps with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It also regulates white blood cell activity.
What are the side effects of cabbage juice?
Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage contain goitrogens, a substance that could mess with the thyroid function of your body. So, people suffering from thyroid conditions should avoid drinking cabbage juice.
Consuming too much cabbage juice may cause gas and flatulence. It may happen to those people who are suffering from food intolerance.
Cabbage is rich in Vitamin K, which may affect the ability of warfarin to prevent blood clots. It’s advised to maintain the intake of Vitamin K during medication.
Should you drink cabbage juice daily?
Here’s a condition, if you never encountered any bad or severe reaction to cabbage then it’s ok to enjoy it daily. However, you need to take it under moderate amounts.
Try to drink cabbage juice 30 minutes before the main meal. It will improve your bowel function as well as your digestion system.
How long can you store/drink cabbage juice?
Try to drink it as soon as possible. Once you juice cabbage, it starts to lose nutrients. So, to get maximum output from this, juice drink it immediately.
However, you can store cabbage juice for up to 2 -3 days. Fresh/homemade juice doesn’t contain any preservatives. So, your juice can go bad quickly. If you want cold juice, then add some ice cubes to it, no need to refrigerate.