Oster blenders are a good choice if you want a high-quality blender at a reasonable price. The company Oster offered some of the first mainstream blending machines. It’s an old company that happens to maintain the quality of their products even in this 21st century. So, at the end of the Oster Blender Pro 1200 Review, you have a clear idea about this product. So let’s get started.
It’s one of the versatile and top-rated blenders from the Oster company. The product is very budget-friendly and includes an extra personal cup, making this blender an overall complete one. Oster blender pro-1200 is an agile machine featuring three pre-programmed smart settings. There are many other compatible features in this machine, making it an excellent entry-level blender for beginners.
Many blender reviewers from the internet recommended this Oster blender pro-1200 because of its overall good performance at a reasonable price. Moreover, the various food-making options you get from this blender also answer its high stars on different eCommerce websites.
Overall it’s a perfect blender for heavy use. However, there are a few drawbacks as nothing is 100% perfect. But let’s not complicate things here and dive into all the features, attributes, and overviews of this particular product.
- 1 Attributes of the Oster Blender Pro 1200 Review
- 1.1 Oster blender pro-1200 – The Good and The Bads
- 1.2 Now, Let’s Discuss Logically Why This Oster Blender Pro-1200 is The Real Deal?
- 1.3 What Can You Make With The Oster Blender Pro-1200?
- 1.4 What is the feedback of consumers and reviewers on this Oster blender?
- 1.5 Frequently Ask Question about Oster Blender Pro 1200
Attributes of the Oster Blender Pro 1200 Review
- Brand: Oster
- Type: Countertop blending machine
- Material: Plastic made
- Color: Brushed nickel
- Dimensions of the product: 14.25 x 7.25 x 8 inches
- Weight: 7 lbs
- Height: 14 inches or 35.6 cm
- Power: 1200 watts
- Power source: polarized plug system
- Batteries required: none
- Cord length: 16 inches
- Includes dual direction blade technology (ability to blend towards forward and reverse direction)
- Added pulse feature
- Includes three programmed smart settings technology
- Variable seven-speed functionality
- Dileavers a 900 watts of ice crushing power
- One-touch control system for salsas, shakes, and smoothies
- Features a 6 cup boroclass glass jar
- Includes an extra-wide 3.5-inch blade system
- A 6-cup boroclass glass jar
- Touch button control system
- Dishwasher safe (Easy to clean)
- A BPA-free extra large 5 cup food processing bowl
- A stainless steel slicing disk
- A top quality chopping blade
- A 24 oz smoothie cup
- A full 3-year satisfaction guarantee
- The company also covers a 10-year all-metal drive limited warranty
Oster blender pro-1200 – The Good and The Bads
The Good of Oster Blender Pro 1200
|Shows good performance within an affordable price range|
|Advanced 3-pre programmed settings, especially for one-touch blending. You can use these settings for salsas, smoothies, and milkshakes. It makes things easier for you.|
|The blender comes with a larger blade design than previous models of Oster|
|Features a compact and efficient design with a 100% BPA-free Tritan jar|
|Includes a durable, expensive “Boroclass” glass jar that can withstand changing temperatures and is very strong compared to other soda-lime glasses.|
|A high-powered 1200-watt motor.|
|Easy to clean and dishwasher safe. Also, the blades are removable so, you can wash them properly.|
|The machine includes seven variable speed control functionality with a handy pulse feature. With these multiple pre-programmed cycles and speed settings, you will get maximum control and precision over your blender.|
|A dual-direction blade technology adds extra blending power for grinding and chopping with its wide (3.5 inches) blade system.|
|Easy to operate with its simple functionality.|
The Bads of Oster Blender Pro 1200
|The Oster blender pro-1200 is much louder than other average blenders from the market.|
|The blender cup seems to be poorly designed as it’s prone to leaking and difficult to handle.|
|An outdated design language, and sometimes it’s troublesome to find replacement parts when needed.|
Now, Let’s Discuss Logically Why This Oster Blender Pro-1200 is The Real Deal?
Oster blenders are quite phenomenal with maintaining their performance and quality over the years. However, as we are talking about this Oster blender pro-1200, let’s break down the facts on this particular Oster product and find out why it stands out among other blending machines from the market.
The rich features
- The Oster blender pro-1200 is an overall complete machine for a smooth blending experience. Talking about this product’s capability, you will get many of them. Starting with its technical side, you get three pre-programmed settings along with seven different speed control systems. So, what values do these features bring?
- The three pre-programmed settings are conveniently programmed to blend the perfect smoothies, salsas, and milkshakes with only one touch. Therefore, you don’t have to guess what speed or how long to process your favorite ingredients. It works really fast and is a handy option for beginners.
- With seven different speed options, you have great control over the blending process. Various speed modes help to bring more control over your blending experience. Moreover, this feature allows you to try a handful of new items, making your purchase a more efficient one.
- This machine also includes “dual direction technology,” which is a handy feature to apply optimum motion as well as to blend all types of foods properly. This technology allows the blender to blend in forward and backward directions. As a result, the ingredients quickly flow down into the blade, providing a better outcome with your recipe.
- The Oster blender pro-1200 also includes a pulse feature that most modern blenders have nowadays, just like the Vitamix E320 blender. So, why is this feature so handy? Basically, when you press the pulse button, it suddenly reaches the highest speed and immediately stops when you release it.
The fact is, it helps with pureeing hot liquids, creating breadcrumbs, puréeing fruits or vegetables, making lump-free gravies, etc. Therefore, it’s a great functionality as it creates short bursts and helps to make smooth purees by quickly chopping up the ingredients.
Solid built quality
- This Oster blender is a heavy-duty blending machine. Therefore, you can count on its durability. The base features a clean, efficient design with durable plastic material and low weight.
- The pitcher is made from glass, unlike other modern blender containers. So, you may consider this as a heavy and fragile option compared to plastic containers. However, the bright side is glass is a non-reactive material, so you don’t have to worry about health issues while blending your ingredients.
Furthermore, It’s a “Boroclass” glass that includes about 5% boric oxide, making the glass resistant to various temperatures. So, in other words, you are getting a high-quality glass jar that is durable and can withstand thermal shock at the same time.
- With Oster blender pro-1200 comes a 24-ounce blending cup that is BPA-free and enduring. You may bring it to work or for a walk.
- The blades in this blender are 50% larger compared to previous Oster blender models. With stainless steel material, the blades are super strong, sharp, and can smoothly grind solid ingredients.
Sufficient power and capacity
- With this blender, you get 1200 watts of power, enough for processing everything from smoothies to salsa to the soup. In fact, high-performance blenders like the Vitamix or Ninja generally run between 1200 to 1500 watts. Also, if you are a power user and make juices, smoothies, or dips every day then using a blender with at least 1200 watts of power is sufficient to achieve all your daily blending tasks.
- If you like to chill your drinks/smoothies, you need to crush solid ices with your blender. However, ice takes plenty of power to break, and it’s crucial to choose a blender with a strong motor.
The Oster blender pro-1200 delivers 900 watts of ample ice-crushing power. Generally, a power range of 500 to 1,500 watts is enough to crush ice like powder. So, with this Oster blender, you get overall sufficient amounts of power to make any frozen drink you like.
- With Oster blender pro, you can make up to six glasses worth of fresh drink that is a great advantage in terms of capacity. In other words, it’s ideal for any sized group or family. Therefore, the blender works well when you want to make enough juice for guests or family members in one go.
Also, you will get a 24 oz blender cup for maximum juice capacity. The extra-large food processing bowl that comes with the blender can take up to five cups worth of smoothies/juice in one go. So, in terms of capacity, you will have plenty of it in this blender.
So, What About Cleaning? | Easy or Troublesome?
Cleaning is a crucial part of a blender that you need to check before buying. In other words, if you are a heavy user, then you must look for blenders that are easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
However, most high-end blenders nowadays, especially the Ninja professional BL660, Vitamix E320, and 5200, are quite easy to clean. Also, they are dishwasher safe. Now, talking about the Oster blender pro-1200, you get the same cleaning experience as the mentioned ones. The process is effortless. All you have to do is –
- Put in soapy water inside the pitcher.
- Turn it on at high speed. Your blender will clean itself automatically.
But if you want a more thorough cleanup than simply –
- Wipe down the unit base with a damp cloth
- Then disassemble the removable parts and brush them with soap water.
- Finally, place them in your dishwasher.
With the Oster blender pro-1200, you can detach the blades for ease of cleaning, and all the removable parts are dishwasher safe. However, try to be careful with the blades while cleaning as they are pretty sharp. Therefore, detaching the blades before cleaning is a good idea.
How To Operate This Oster Blender? Is It Easy to Use?
Most Oster blenders are easy to use that include the pro-1200 model. There are in total nine buttons in this blender. All these buttons are placed on the front of the blender base. Now, what do these buttons do?
The functions of the button
In the top position of the base, you get the three pre-programmed cycle buttons.
- The first one is the green/frozen smoothie button. You will use this when processing leafy green vegetables.
- Next, you get a food chop/salsa mode that is suitable for a chunky blend. So, this pre-programmed setting helps you to make different types of salsa, such as harvest salsa, tomatillo salsa, or mango salsa, just with one touch.
- The last one is the milkshake button that deals with icy drinks. However, some reviewers stated that this milkshake button doesn’t fulfill the expected result.
In the middle position of the base, you get three manual speed control buttons and a pulse button. These low, medium and high blending speeds help to control the processing of your ingredients with ease.
For example, if you are willing to make smoothies with high fiber ingredients or nut-based sauce, try using the high-speed mode in your blender. Moreover, if you want to emulsify ingredients such as salad dressings or sauces, or you just want to chop ingredients into smaller pieces, then go for the slow-speed mode in your blender.
However, no matter what you are making, it’s best practice to start with the lowest speed then raise it gradually/step by step to the highest. Here, you can use the medium-speed mode to give your ingredients an overall proper blend.
Now, for the pulse button, you can use it effectively to get quick chunky pieces from your ingredients. Basically, it lets your food processor run at optimum speed and gives you higher control over the processing.
Finally, at the bottom side of the blender base, you get a simple on/off and skip button to operate and power up the blender.
The Oster blender pro-1200 doesn’t feature any twist and lock mechanism in terms of assembly. So, you just have to place the personal cup or the glass jar on the base and that’s it. In other words, assembling and disassembling are much easier with this blender. However, you may find removing the lid from the blender cup a bit difficult at times.
Some tips to remember while blending
- To get more control while blending, try to keep your hand on top of the container lid by holding it down with optimum pressure.
- Try to blend hot liquids using the jar but not the blender cup.
- Use the pulse function when crushing ice.
- Try to add enough liquid when blending frozen/solid ingredients to avoid overworking the motor.
What Can You Make With The Oster Blender Pro-1200?
With the Oster 1200 pro blender, you can make a variety of food items. In fact, you can make absolutely anything with this blender. With 1200-watt of power, you can produce –
- Hot soups
- Baby foods
- Salsa dressing
- Salad dressing
- Frozen desserts
- Nut butter
- Nut milk
- Ice creams
- Frozen drinks
- Crushed ice
- Grind coffee beans
- Sauces and dips
I mean the list goes on. However, these are the most popular foods that can be readily prepared with an Oster blender.
Limitations in processing food items
- In terms of hot soups or any hot items, it can not make these on its own like the Vitamix blender models, as the blender doesn’t feature any blade friction heating functionality. However, it can process hot items with the 1.4 L glass jar. Make sure to take the cap off while processing hot food items. Basically, it prevents pressure build-up.
- Like the Vitamix blenders, the motor of the Oster blender pro is not that powerful to pulverize grains into flour. So, this is also a limitation compared to other high-end products in the market.
What is the feedback of consumers and reviewers on this Oster blender?
After examining consumers’ feedback from different eCommerce sites, we can say – overall, most of them are impressed with the blender’s performance and the budget-friendly price. In other words, many are happy with this Oster blender model as it’s an affordable alternative to popular brands like Ninja, Vitamix, and Blendtec.
Here are some ratings and statements regarding this Oster blender –
|Amazon – 4.6 out of 5|
|Best Buy – 4.7 out of 5|
|Walmart – 3.9 out of 5|
|Oster – 3.5 out of 5|
Some customer statements
- “Powerful blender for its size”
- “Great blender. Almost perfect”
- “The product is flawless. 4 years in and works great”
- “Excellent option for the money”
- “Powerful, quick, versatile–yet dead simple to use”
- “Powerful and Easy to Use Blender”
Along with these positive reviews, most of the consumers complained about its loud sound. Also, some consumers didn’t like its lid as it takes a bit of work to open.
Frequently Ask Question about Oster Blender Pro 1200
What is the best Oster blender?
Oster is a famous brand for kitchen appliance products like blenders. They compete with popular blender manufacturing companies such as Vitamix and Blendtec to a certain degree. The recommended Oster blenders you can buy are –
Oster Versa blender
Oster Pro 1200 series
Oster Beehive. And,
All these Oster blenders are great in performance and build quality. However, among these products, we recommend the Oster Versa blender as our best pick. Check this blender to get a better view of this item. Moreover, you can also check Oster Pro 1200 as it’s the best affordable option among Oster blender models.
Can you process whole fruits using the Oster blender pro-1200?
The fact is household blenders can not process whole fruits. It’s true for any household blender in particular. Some juicers can process whole fruits.
To achieve the best results, we recommend slicing your fruits into small bits and blending them. Basically, it reduces the strain on the motor, and you will get better results and quality in your blending.
Can you grind coffee beans with the Oster pro-1200?
The answer is YES! With this Oster blender, you can easily grind coffee beans. However, you will not get perfect results compared to a proper coffee grinder. Moreover, blending coffee beans means added oxidation which may abandon the taste of your coffee.
Can the glass container of Oster pro-1200 handle hot liquid items?
Generally, glass containers can handle hot items like hot soups. Since the Oster pro-1200 features “Boroclass” or “Borosilicate” glass, which can endure both extreme heat and cold temperatures, you don’t have to worry about blending hot liquids in this blender. However, try to remove the lid’s inner cap to prevent pressure build-up.
Final Thoughts | Should you buy the Oster blender pro-1200?
After all these discussions, you may get the idea that in the area of performance, build quality, and affordability, this Oster blender is overall an excellent entry-level product to buy. However, this blender is not compatible with other high-end blenders in the market like Vitamix Professional Series 750 and Blendtec Professional 800.
But within a budget range, this product covers quite a few handy features such as – pre-programmed settings, dual-direction blade technology, and a pulse button. As a result, if you’re searching for an entry-level, low-profile, and budget-friendly countertop blender for heavy usage, the Oster pro-1200 is an excellent choice.