If you want a combo of both sweetness and freshness in a juice, then trying Our watermelon juice recipe is the best option for you. It’s one of the thirst-quenching fruits with a lot of nutritional benefits. You will get Vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients from a single serving of watermelon juice.
Watermelons are light in nature and contain about 92% of water. So, its juice delivers very few calories. Therefore, regular consumption of watermelon juice helps to promote weight loss.
Summer is the best season for trying the watermelon juice recipe. You can quickly boost your energy and get sufficient hydration after a long period of workouts on a hot summer day. Also, your watermelon juice contains potassium, an important electrolyte that you lost in sweat.
Making watermelon juice is easy. Here, you don’t need any added sugar or fancy ingredients to make one. So, it saves a lot of time and quickly generates a refreshing taste with some healthy nutrients for your body.
- 1 The Benefits of Drinking Watermelon Juice
- 2 Simple and Delicious Watermelon Juice Recipe
- 3 FAQ
Nutrition Facts of Watermelon Juice
The given data of nutrition values are calculated for one cup (317g) of watermelon juice.
|Sodium||19 mg or 1% of your daily values|
|Potassium||106 mg or 3% of your daily values|
|Dietary fiber||0.3g or 1% of your daily values|
|Total carbohydrates||21g or 7% of your daily values|
|Vitamin A||10% of your daily values|
|Vitamin C||59% of your daily values|
|Calcium||1% of your daily values|
|Iron||2% of your daily values|
Note: The daily value (DV) is the percentage of nutrients in a serving that contributes to your daily diet. Here, the DV% is based on a regular 2000 calorie diet.
The Benefits of Drinking Watermelon Juice
Watermelon is a delicious and refreshing fruit that features a lot of health benefits for your body. To be more specific, from a single cup of watermelon, you get only an average of 46 calories with a high range of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and other healthy compounds.
Moreover, the combination of water and fiber is the indication of healthy food with fewer calories. You can count on these watermelon juice recipe as the perfect drink for maintaining a healthy diet.
Besides, consuming watermelon juice in suggested amounts can improve your heart health, lower inflammation, oxidative stress, help your skin health, hair, and more importantly promote weight loss.
Skin and hair
Watermelon features sufficient amounts of Vitamin A and C. They help to improve the condition of your skin and hair. Basically, Vitamin C generates collagen for your body. Collagen is a type of protein that helps to maintain your skin and hair durable.
Vitamin A also maintains sound skin health by creating and repairing your skin cells. Therefore, If you don’t insert enough Vitamin A in your body, your skin may look dry and flaky. Moreover, watermelon also contains lycopene and beta-carotene. These elements can protect your skin from sunburn.
Good for weight loss
From a single serving of watermelon juice, you get only 72 – 80 calories which are very low in amount and great for weight loss diets. Therefore, replacing higher-calorie beverages with watermelon juice is a great way to increase your daily percentage of water intake.
As watermelon contains a large portion of water, drinking this helps you stay hydrated and feel full. Therefore, you will eat less. Watermelon features an element called citrulline, which converts to L-arginine. A study shows that L-arginine promotes weight loss and makes your exercise more effective. So, for the best result, try the watermelon juice recipe with proper training.
Improves your heart health
There are some nutrients in watermelon with specific benefits for your heart health. Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant in watermelon, which may help lower cholesterol and blood pressure. Additionally, It also prevents oxidative damage to cholesterol.
Watermelon provides citrulline, an amino acid that may propagate nitric oxide levels in your body and helps the blood vessels to expand. This results in lower blood pressure.
Other antioxidants and minerals like Vitamin A, C, B6, potassium, and magnesium can improve your heart’s functionality.
Lowers inflammation and oxidative stress
Watermelon is high in antioxidants that fight inflammation, such as Vitamin C and lycopene. Above all, the combination of both of these elements can help to lower the levels of inflammatory markers.
The methods of making watermelon juice
You can try making watermelon juice in three different ways. They are – blending, juicing, and grating. However, all these methods are simple and easy to follow.
If you use to blend your watermelon, then you will get a relatively fibrous drink. However, as the flesh of watermelon is made mostly from water, you don’t have to worry about the pulpy bits.
- First, peel and cut your watermelon into small chunks or cubes.
- Before juicing, you can remove the seeds. Place your processed watermelon into a blender and blend it until you get a smooth puree. To achieve more consistency in your juice, blend for extra 30 seconds.
- After blending, strain the juice through a mesh sieve into a jar.
- You can add salt or other preferred ingredients to enhance the taste of your juice.
- The advantage you get from watermelon juice is that the entire fruit is edible. You can process the rind into a refreshing rind drink for more nutrition. So, you don’t have to waste any part of the watermelon.
Using a juicer is more convenient than other methods for juicing watermelons.
- Peel and chop the watermelon into cubes in the same way you would do while mixing.
- Remove the seeds, or you can keep them for higher nutritional content. But it will add some extra calories to your juice.
- Place your chopped watermelon into a juicer’s feed chute and process until smooth.
- Then collect your fresh juice in a pitcher and serve with ice cubes.
- The major benefit of using a juicer is that you don’t have to filter the juice. It saves a significant amount of time.
Using a zip bag
You can make watermelon juice without the help of any blender or juicer. However, it’s a bit of a lengthy process and takes some of your strength during the juicing process.
- Regardless of any method, the first step is to peel and chop your watermelon into small pieces. Then deseed them.
- Secondly, put these watermelon pieces into a zip-top storage bag.
- Crush those pieces using your hands. Try to extract enough juice. It may take some time.
- After finishing with your zip-top storage bag, strain the juice through a fine-mesh strainer and collect that fresh juice into a jug.
- If you wish to keep the juice cold, place it in the refrigerator.
Simple and Delicious Watermelon Juice Recipe
1. Easy watermelon juice Recipe
This recipe offers a refreshing and hydrating drink and is best for the hot summer seasons. It’s quite easy to make. To make this beverage, you only need three simple ingredients. The combination of watermelon, lemon, and coconut water adds extra flavor and sweetness to your regular watermelon juice sip.
With the addition of coconut water, you get electrolytes, potassium, magnesium, and healthy natural sugars. Also, lemon provides Vitamin C which is crucial for the development and repair of all body tissues.
So, with this recipe, you are getting all the goodness of lemon, coconut water, and watermelon in a single serving.
|Coconut water||1/2 cup|
|Agave or pure maple syrup||1 tablespoon|
- The first step is to collect a fresh watermelon.
- Peel and cut it into small cubes. Remove the seeds.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- If you want more smoothness to your juice, then use a mesh strainer to strain the mixture into a container.
- Finally, serve this chilled watermelon juice in a glass and enjoy!
2. Watermelon strawberry juice
This recipe offers a refreshing summer drink that is low in calories and comes loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, etc. You don’t have to use any fancy ingredients to prepare this recipe. You will get strawberries, mint leaves, sugar, and lime juice along with watermelon.
Strawberry delivers a sweet and light flavor to your juice and adds many healthy benefits. With lime juice and spearmint, this recipe adds extra zestiness and a cool vibe to match the summer heat.
|Lime juice||1 teaspoon|
|Fresh mint leaves||6|
|Ice cubes||2 cups|
- First, peel and cut your watermelon into small chunks. Also, deseed them.
- Except for ice cubes, insert all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl and line it with a large cheesecloth.
- pour your juice through the strainer into the bowl.
- With the help of the cheesecloth, squeeze as much juice as possible into a jug. Discard the remaining pulp.
- To make this process easier, do this in batches.
- Finally, pour the juice into a serving glass and top it with ice.
3. Watermelon pineapple juice
To naturally hydrate your system during the summer seasons, you need a drink that combines both pineapple and watermelon. Just like watermelon, pineapple also contains a high amount of water (80%). So this recipe is a good source of energy and hydration.
The making procedure is easy as you only need to add some pineapples while juicing watermelon chunks. You don’t need to add any sugar as both pineapples and watermelons are naturally sweet.
The tropical flavor of pineapple gives vibrancy to your watermelon juice. So, with this recipe, you can enjoy the flavor and health advantages of both pineapple and watermelon in a single serving.
|Watermelon cubes (deseeded)||6|
|Pineapple chunks||3 cup|
- Place all the processed ingredients into a juicer and juice until all the juice gets drained into a pitcher.
- Pour the fresh juice into a glass.
- You can drink immediately or freeze for roughly 45 minutes to chill.
4. Watermelon cucumber juice
This recipe is really easy to make and a great way to start the day. To make this delicious juice all you need is lime, some cucumbers, and watermelon. With a high-speed blender, you can quickly prepare this juice in the morning or after exercise.
Cucumber also shows high water content, just like watermelons. So, it’s a super hydrating drink if you work out a lot. The combo of cucumber and watermelon creates a mild, lightly sweet, refreshing flavor.
For health benefits, this juice is a gold mine. You get a bundle of nutrients, antioxidants, minerals from the daily consumption of this juice.
|Watermelon chunks (deseeded)||6 cup|
|Large cucumber (chopped)||1|
- First, place all the processed ingredients into a blender and blend until you get a smooth mixture. It may take a minute with a high-speed blender.
- After blending, strain your juice through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth into a jug. Discard the remaining pulp.
- In the end, serve your fresh juice into a glass with 2-3 ice cubes, and Enjoy!
5. Watermelon apple juice
This watermelon juice recipe features the flavor and benefits of apple with chopped tomatoes. In fact, it’s a sweet and delicious juice that contains a lot of nutrient values. As apple and tomato are used in this recipe, you will get a fiber-rich juice that provides a handful of free radical-fighting nutrients.
Consuming this daily may help to reduce the chances of cancer. Because both tomatoes and watermelon contain high levels of lycopene. These elements are beneficial against diseases like cancer.
So, try this sweet and slightly savory drink to gain a delightfully soothing experience with this watermelon apple juice.
|Chopped and deseeded watermelon||2.5 cup|
|Fresh apples (chopped)||1 cup|
|Fresh tomatoes (chopped)||1/2|
|Ice cubes||1 cup|
- Insert all the processed ingredients through an electric juicer and juice until you get the preferred consistency.
- Collect your juice in a glass and serve with ice.
Is it best to drink watermelon juice daily?
There are no side effects of drinking reasonable amounts of watermelon juice every day. However, if you consume this drink regularly in large quantities, you may experience some problems. As watermelon contains lycopene, consuming more than 30mg of it daily causes diarrhea, nausea, and bloating.
In addition, people suffering from hyperkalemia (a medical condition in which you have a high range of potassium in your blood) should not take more than one cup of watermelon juice a day.
Despite all these, consuming this juice in an acceptable range, or one cup per day, will not harm your health by any means. In fact, you could lose weight and lower your body mass index by having this daily.
Can you drink watermelon juice on an empty stomach?
The answer is yes. You can drink watermelon on an empty stomach. In fact, all the essential nutrients and minerals of watermelon are absorbed effectively by your body if you take it on an empty stomach. Also, drinking watermelon juice on an empty stomach can help you with hyperacidity.
How long can you store watermelon juice?
To consume it fresh, you need to drink it within two hours at room temperature. As fresh watermelon juice can be easily spoiled if you don’t store it properly. For a short-term storage process, you can refrigerate it for two to three days. However, if you want to store watermelon juice for a long period of time, then keep it in the freezer for about 30-60 days.
What fruit goes well with watermelon juice?
You can add a variety of fruits with watermelon while juicing. Fruits like strawberries, bananas, and some tropical ones including pineapple and mango, go well with watermelon.
Though, using strawberries as a pair for watermelon would be great for enhancing the flavor of your juice. The zest of strawberries is complementary and not overpowering. Therefore, it increases the taste of the juice, as well as maintains the pure flavor of the watermelon over other fruit pairings.