If you are into juicing, then you probably heard about apple juice. They are popular and taste great. In fact, apple juice is easy to make. With the right ingredients, you can prepare apple juice, providing both taste and health benefits. But why should you add apples to your juicing list? The answer is simple. It’s totally free from fats and calories. Not only that, with apple juice, you can get vitamin A, C, E, K, and folate, all these rich nutrients in one glass. So, to achieve sufficient energy, one glass of apple juice is enough. In the case of apple juice, it doesn’t take much time. If you have a high-speed blender or a juicer, you can easily try your daily juice recipe with apples.
However, if you don’t have any type of juicing equipment, you can still juice apples. How? Boil your apples and strain them. Though, this takes time. The easiest way would be using a juicer.
- 1 Simple And Easy Juice Recipe with Apples – You Can Try at Home
- 1.1 1. Apple Orange Juice Recipe
- 1.2 2. Carrot Apple Ginger Juice Recipe
- 1.3 3. Green Apple Juice Recipe
- 1.4 4. Green Vegetable Juice with Apple
- 1.5 5. Carrot Apple Glow Juice Recipe
- 2 FAQs – Juice Recipe with Apples
- 2.1 How much sugar do you get from apple juice?
- 2.2 What are the side effects of apple juice?
- 2.3 Does apple juice contain Vitamin C?
- 2.4 Similar Post
How to Make Apple Juice (All methods)
There are two methods to produce apple juice. Either you can use a juicer/blender or, you can boil the apples and run them through a straining medium.
It’s obvious that Using an apple juicer or a high-speed blender is the simplest option. Because with a juicer, all you have to do is to put the sliced apples in them. Then your machine will do the rest.
The second method is a bit complex. First, you have to cut some ripe apples and boil them with sufficient water on the stove. Cook until they are soft. Strain this mixture/purée using a sieve and remove as much juice as possible with the help of a spatula. Note: use the leftover pulp to make applesauce later.
There’s always an option to play with the ingredients of your juice recipe with apples. You can add sugar or other ingredients to enhance the taste. However, it’s important to know that apple juice doesn’t remain fresh for longer. So, it’s better to store it in the fridge and consume it within a week.
Nutrition values of an apple juice
We mentioned juice recipe with apples delivers a lot of healthy enzymes and vitamins. With rich antioxidants, apple juice is a great source of energy for your body.
You get roughly 77 calories from a medium raw apple. In the case of store-bought unsweetened apple juice, you can have 46 calories.
If you are into a healthy diet, then fiber is a crucial part of it. Consuming a single apple will get you 17% of your daily fiber requirement. Although, juicing apples lowers the fiber content. But blending may retain them from your apples.
With 1 cup (250 grams) of pasteurized, strained apple juice contains roughly 0.5 grams of fiber and 24 grams of sugar.
We calculated nutrition values for 295 grams of apple juice
The Benefits of Apple Juice
Apple juice is a kind of drink that will provide you with some beneficial factors for your body. Like –
For people who are sick and suffer from dehydration, apple juice is the solution. The main reason is apple juice contains about 88% of water. Also, this juice tastes better and is easy to consume.
Children with dehydration, diarrhea, and vomiting require diluted apple juice. So, you can use apple juice, maintaining the hydration of your body.
Packed with beneficial plant compounds
Plant compounds are extensive factors for your body cells. Compounds like polyphenols protect your cells from the harm of inflammation and oxidative damage. Apples are packed with these compounds.
However, the majority of plant compounds are on the peels of an apple. Try to make cloudy apple juice with pulp, which contains more polyphenols than clear juice.
Good for skin
Apple juice contains a significant amount of Vitamin C and some other antioxidants. These compounds are good for skin health, blood vessels, ligaments, etc.
The fact is our body can’t store Vitamin C for long. You need to restore it continuously. So, drinking apple juice daily helps you to maintain the rate of Vitamin C in your body.
Protect your brain cells
In many cases, apple juice can protect your brain cells from free radical damage. Apples contain a handful of polyphenolic antioxidants. They prevent the death of brain cells (neuronal apoptosis). Also, antioxidants like this show capabilities to act against cancerous cells.
Apples contain a load of Vitamin A. We know vitamin A for improving eye vision. They also help to reduce eye disorders.
Simple And Easy Juice Recipe with Apples – You Can Try at Home
1. Apple Orange Juice Recipe
With this recipe, you can get both the goodness of apple and orange in one glass. The recipe also includes honey to enhance taste and nutrition.
Apple orange juice recipe is simple and easy to make. Moreover, you don’t need a ton of ingredients. So, you can enjoy this juice with less hassle and time.
|Sweet and fresh apple (Gala apple)||1|
|Water||1/2 to 3/4 cup|
Instructions (Using juicer)
- Wash your apples and oranges with clean water.
- Then cut the apples into large chunks.
- Remove the core.
- Peel your oranges and separate their sections.
- Insert your prepared apples, oranges, and other ingredients into the juicer.
- Juice until they show perfect consistency and smoothness.
- Finally, collect the juice and discard those fibrous pulps.
- Serve and enjoy!
Instructions (Using blender)
- Cut your oranges in halves and remove their skins and seeds.
- You can also juice your oranges with a squeezer or leave them solid.
- Then cut the apples into large chunks.
- Insert your sliced apples, orange Prices, or squeezed and add water (1/2 – 3/4 cup) into a blender.
- Blend your ingredients until you get a smooth puree.
- After blending, pour your juice over a strainer into a large bowl.
- Gently press the puree with a spatula and squeeze all the juice from the pulp.
- Add honey into your prepared juice to introduce some sweetness to it.
- Finally, serve and enjoy!
Note: For variation, you can add two carrots and small ginger pieces to the recipe.
If you don’t have a mesh strainer, use a nut-milk bag or cheesecloth for straining purposes.
2. Carrot Apple Ginger Juice Recipe
This recipe is packed with various flavors and a ton of nutrition values. The mixture of sweet carrots, tangy apple, and spicy ginger really adds up to your expectations.
This recipe is a great one for people who are starting with vegetable juices. Also, with this recipe, you can generate extra nutrition for your body.
|Fresh ginger||½ inch piece|
|Water||1 and ½ cup|
- Wash your ingredients.
- Cut the apples into quarters and remove the core out from each quarter.
- Then peel your carrots and lemon.
- After preparing all the ingredients, place them into a high-speed blender.
- Blend until you get a smooth mixture.
- Strain the juice using a nut milk bag or a fine strainer and remove the pulp. You can do this by placing a nut milk bag or a cheesecloth inside of a large pot then, pour the mixture through it.
- Try to squeeze out as much juice as possible with your hand or a spatula.
- Finally, serve your fresh juice into a glass and enjoy!
|Calories – 79|
|Total fat – 0g|
|Cholesterol – 0mg|
|Sodium – 36mg|
|Carbohydrates – 20g|
|Fiber – 4g|
|Protein – 1g|
3. Green Apple Juice Recipe
This recipe will provide you with enough energy for your daily workout. The green apples and a touch of celery will generate healthy vitamins and nutrients for your body.
Also, this recipe is easy to prepare with simple ingredients. In fact, this homemade apple juice recipe could be your ideal summer drink.
|Fresh green apple||1|
|Honey (optional)||1 teaspoon|
- Wash your apples and celery with clean water.
- Dry them.
- Remove the core of your apples by cutting them into medium pieces.
- Insert the apples and celery into a blender.
- Add 1/4 cup of water.
- Blend your ingredients until you get a smooth puree
- To strain the juice, place a metal strainer (fine) over a large pot.
- Pour the prepared mixture over it. If you don’t have a metal strainer, use a cheesecloth or a nut-milk bag.
- Press the pulp gently with a spatula or a spoon and strain as much juice as possible.
- Dispose of the remaining pulp.
- Add honey into your strained juice and stir.
- Serve this tangy and healthy apple juice, enjoy!
Note: If you don’t like the tart taste, add more honey (as per your taste) and one extra sweet apple with other ingredients.
4. Green Vegetable Juice with Apple
This green recipe will give you a mild taste. The addition of apples generates sweetness which enhances the taste. Also, this recipe includes parsley that lands a light citrusy flavor in your drink.
Many people don’t like the taste of green vegetables. But, this recipe could be a way to build up the habit of consuming them daily. Besides, you can achieve the goodness of veggies, and you don’t have to worry about taste.
|Medium or large cucumber||1/4|
|Large kale leaf||1|
|Fresh parsley||Up to you|
- Wash all your produce.
- Cut the apples and remove the cores
- Insert all the ingredients into a juicer
- Juice until you get a smooth texture
- Serve, and drink immediately.
|Calories – 49kcal|
|Protein – 1g|
|Carbohydrates – 13g|
|Sodium – 10mg|
|Potassium – 191 mg|
|Fiber – 3g|
|Sugar – 8g|
|Vitamin A – 1650IU|
|Vitamin C – 36.3mg|
|Calcium – 70mg|
|Iron – 1.1 mg|
5. Carrot Apple Glow Juice Recipe
The combination of apple and carrots generates freshness and brightness to your juice. In this recipe, the main ingredients are apples, carrots, and oranges. The orange softens the slightly bitter taste of carrots and promotes extra antioxidants for your body.
What nutrients can you get from this recipe? Well, vitamin A and Vitamin C. These organic substances help to maintain healthy skin. If you are new to juicing, this simple recipe could be a good start for you.
|Large organic carrots||2|
|Fresh organic granny smith apple||1|
- Wash your ingredients well.
- Trim the tops of your carrots.
- Remove the cores by cutting the apples into quarters.
- Peel your Naval orange in quarters.
- Place all prepared ingredients into a juicer. You can add some water to lighten the thickness.
- Juice until you get a smooth mixture
- Serve your juice and drink immediately. You can also keep it in a refrigerator and store it for about two days.
Notes: Before juicing, rinse your veggies and fruits well. You don’t have to peel the skins, but I like to peel them because they contain bitter oils.
FAQs – Juice Recipe with Apples
How much sugar do you get from apple juice?
Apples contain naturally occurring sugar. In simple terms, for 100 grams of unsweetened apple juice, you get 10 g of sugar. So, you can see apple juice contains a lot of sugar.
What are the side effects of apple juice?
- If you take apple juice without any portion control, then you may gain weight. One cup or 240 ml of apple juice generates 114 calories which is a lot compared to a medium-sized apple with 95 calories.
- As apple juice contains a handful of sugar, it may encourage tooth decay.
- Drinking too much apple juice may cause diarrhea and poor blood sugar regulation because of its high sugar content.
Does apple juice contain Vitamin C?
Apples are good sources of antioxidants and Vitamin C. Here, 250 grams of apple juice can supply roughly 4% of your daily needs. In the case of a whole apple, they generate about 20% Vitamin C of daily needs.